9.05.2011

Butterflies

top: zara, pants: thrifted: sandals and cardigan: target, belt: boyfriend's





This is the last outfit post of the summer! Labor Day marks the unofficial end of the season and I will be embracing fall fashion from here on out. I ordered new booties from Aldo earlier this week and cannot wait to wear them out- they should be here by Friday :)

I bought this top while on vacation in Florida. We don't have a Zara here so I was excited. Their recent sweatshop controversy makes me uneasy about buying their clothes now, especially since the online store opens this month. I realize many stores use cheap outsourced labor and Zara is just the latest one to be exposed, but that doesn't excuse the practice. What I'm discovering is that it takes a lot of research to be an informed consumer. What do you guys think? Will you continue to shop at stores like Zara who use child labor to make their products?