10.17.2013

Pumpkin Seed Pesto

Pumpkin Seed Pesto Pasta Salad
Fresh basil

Pumpkin seeds

Tomatoes and black olives

To be a little more festive, I substituted pumpkin seeds for the usual walnuts in my pesto. The recipe I use is similar to this one, but I never measure anything. I add a little lemon juice, too. I always toast the seeds/nuts first before throwing them in the food processor. A good tip is to add chunky ingredients: nuts, garlic and cheese first and the softer ingredients like basil later so they combine easily and nothing gets lost.

Pumpkin seed pesto with pumpkin seed garnish
Current decor on the dining room table

Getting excited for Halloween! We expect over 100 trick or treaters and have a pretty good start on decorating the yard... pictures coming soon!

Leave a comment