11.01.2013

Hosting Halloween

My Lydia Deetz costume
Candy for the trick-or-treaters. We had about 140 this year!
Candy corn painted cream cheese wedges 

I used a paintbrush to make orange and yellow stripes on these laughing cow cheese wedges. The sugar cookies are made with this recipe, but I used whole wheat pastry flour instead of all purpose.
Witches' Wands
Pumpkin Eclair Cake
It's super easy to make and really good:

Mix two boxes of vanilla pudding mix with three cups of milk
Add half a can of pumpkin puree
Fold in a container of whipped topping

Layer graham crackers, slightly overlapping, on the bottom of a serving dish, to form the first layer.
Spoon a layer of pumpkin mixture on top of the graham crackers, then repeat the process until the pan is full. Refrigerate at least three hours or overnight.

Finally, cut out leaf stencils and lay them on the cake. Dust a mixture of cocoa and hot cocoa mix over the stencils and then peel them off to reveal the leaf pattern.

Bon Appetit!

Leave a comment

Anonymous said...

Dear Baroness of Candy Corn,
In my best Winona Ryder voice, "I'm Lydia Deetz and I am of sound mind. The man next to me is the one I want. You asked me and I'm answering, yes I love that man of mine".

Katies said...

Yummy:D:D:D